BEDFORD COUNTY FARMERS MARKET
The Bedford County Farmers Market is at the Pavilion at the Celebration Grounds on Celebration Drive next to the big blue water tower. The market is held on Thursday afternoons at 2:30 pm and open til the vendors sell out or customers stop coming for the day.
Vendors who wish to sell at the market must contact the UT/TSU Extension Office at 931-684-5971 to be certified as a bona fide grower. See link to FORMS/Vendor application below.
UT VEGETABLE VARIETY TRIALS AND RESEARCH RESULTS
Use this link for information on vegetable variety trials: http://vegetables.tennessee.edu/trialresults.html
THIS PROJECT IS A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR FRIENDLY ADVERTISING FOR THE BEDFORD COUNTY FARMERS MARKET AS A WHOLE, NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL SALES. WE WANT EACH AND EVERY PERSON TO BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER AND THE MARKET. POSTING PRODUCTS TO BE SOLD AT THE MARKET IS THE GOAL WITH FAIR PROMOTION OF ALL VENDORS AND THEIR PRODUCTS.
RULES FOR THIS GROUP POSTING:
#1 Description of items that will be sold (home-grown produce, baked goods, etc.). Product advertising can be with pictures, video, or written description. )
#2 DO NOT post phone numbers or prices. (This site is not for personal use or sales)
#3 This is a first-come, first-serve on-site market. Reserving product or selling on this page is not permitted. If asked to do so, we require you to refer the customer to the market.
#4 WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELETE ANY POST.
Please make sure to SHARE, LIKE and FOLLOW the page. You can find the Facebook page as https://www.facebook.com/Bedford-County-Farmers-Market-973801912780075/
- Tennessee Farmers Market Weekly Price Reports
- Kentucky Farmers Market Weekly Price Reports
- Traditional Vegetable Planning Budget, Mississippi State University
- Kentucky Vegetable and Melon Budgets
- University of Tennessee Vegetable Crop Systems – Budgets, Production Links
- University of Tennessee Organic Vegetable Production Helpful Sources
- Growing Vegetables in Home Gardens
- Tennessee Farmers Market Compliance Guide
- Tennessee’s Food Freedom Act – 2022 (Selling items from a home kitchen)
- Egg Selling Guidelines for Farmers Markets
- Food Safety Best Practices for Farmers Markets
- Farm to School Self Help Form
- Introduction to Farm Safety in Farm to School Programs
- Does Your Produce Make the Grade?
- Washing Produce
- What’s in Season
- Storage of Fresh Produce
- Weights and Processed Yields for Fruits and Vegetables
- How Much Meat to Expect from a Beef Carcass