Family and Community Education Clubs are groups of members that meet once a month for an educational lesson, community service projects and fellowship. Membership is open to anyone interested.
Bedford County has 8 clubs. Here is a schedule of the meetings. For more information about a club, call the Extension Office at (931) 684-5971.
|Club Name||Meeting Day||Meeting Time||Location|
|Butler’s Creek||2nd Monday||6:00 pm||Homes/Extension Office|
|Heart of the Home||1st Monday||10:30 am||Extension Office|
|Fairview||3rd Wednesday||10:30 am||Extension Office|
|Four Corners||4th Monday||6:00 pm||Homes/Extension Office|
|Liberty||3rd Monday||6:00 pm||Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church|
|Shelbyville||1st Tuesday||9:30 am||Homes/Extension Office|
|Town & Country||2nd Monday||11:00 am||Cannon United Methodist Church|
|Wheel||2nd Thursday||12:00 pm||Shiloh United Methodist Church|
The Family and Community Education Club members in Bedford County have been busy making over 600 fabric masks for health care workers, trucking industry workers, friends, family, the Sheriff’s Department, church members, nursing home workers and more.
Through the Masks of Love program, masks are being sewn all over the state by FCE members, 4-Hers and other volunteers.
We thank you for supporting our community and keeping us safe!
- Clubs can make their own decisions on whether to meet or wait. If your club decides to cancel its meeting just follow the inclement weather policy below. If you have questions, please feel free to call Whitney Danhof at 931-684-5971.
- Agent, Whitney Danhof, will be meeting with those clubs that do decide to meet. The May program is Aches and Pains: Non-Drug Relief.
- Achievement Night and Share Fair have been cancelled this year due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Please have your cookies for the Duck River Cleanup to the Extension Office by Friday morning, June 25 – 2 dozen bags with 2 cookies each per club.
- CVUs (Certified Volunteer Units) due May 15, see the Forms below.
- Best of the Best Award Nominations due May 15, see the Forms below.
- Creative Writing Entries due June 1, see the Forms below.
- 50 Year Member Applications due July 1, see the Forms below.
- If school is canceled due to weather, we will not have any countywide event – individual clubs may make their own policy for inclement weather. If your club is canceled for weather, count everyone present on your records and you do not have to make up that meeting.
Forms and Resources
- 2021 Calendar of Events for Bedford County
- Central Region Annual Meeting Information Sheet 2021
- Family and Community Leadership (FCL) Information and Application Form 2021
- Camp Forms 2021
- Bedford County Fair
- 2021 Entry Information
- FCE State Conference
- Scholarships (Members Only may apply)
- Fabrics for the Home
- Holiday Hosting Printables (PDF)
- DIY Spring and Easter Decor
- Cast Iron Cooking
- Holiday Fun Foods
- Flavors of the Holidays
- Halloween Tricks and Treats
- Valentine Candy Class
- Pin Stitch Valentines
- Circles of Fun Seasonal Wreaths
- Nutcracker Suite
- Baking Spirits Bright
- Seasonal Table Settings
Escape to Tahiti Game
- General Set Up
- Items for Tables for Each Team
- Items for Vacation File for Each Team