The resources and links below are aids for Farm Financial Management. Use these in addition to more general resources and links found on the Agriculture Programs page.
NEW FARMERS ACADEMY
There is an opportunity for folks who have never farmed before to gain some knowledge and experience in the New Farmers Academy, a program supported by Tennessee State University. This academy is a unique school, meeting once a month from March through September. This is a look at farm business and marketing basics to help build management skills. Basic agricultural practices are also covered in each session. There are a wide range of topics here, from plant to animal to value-added concepts. There is also hands-on experiences with some of the sessions that will help develop production skills.
Contact Finis Stribling at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and questions.
Extension Agent and County Director, Agriculture
Extension Area Specialist
- Software and Calculators for Farm Management
- The MANAGE Program
- Farm Budgets
- Tennessee Custom Rates
- Kentucky Custom Rates
- Tennessee AgrAbility Project Resources for Disabled Farmers
- Tennessee Premises Registration Form
- Tennessee Department of Revenue Ag Sales Tax Exemption Application
- Guidance for Farmers Direct Marketing Beef, Pork, Lamb and Goat