Bedford County Featured Events
- Beef Quality Assurance training is by appointment at the Extension office. Contact John Teague at 931-684-5971.
- Private Applicator Training for Restricted Use Pesticides is available by appointment at the Extension office. Contact John Teague at 931-684-5971.
- Master Farm Manager – On-line program Tuesdays and Thursdays, January 25 – Feb 3, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. CST – $100. See the Agriculture Programs Page on the tab above for details.
- Farming Fundamentals – On-line program completed on your time. See the Agriculture Programs Page on the tab above for details.
- Tennessee Farm Family Health and Wellness – On-line program, Thursdays January 13 – March 3 at 5:30 CST – $100. Eligible for 50% cost share for certain TAEP programs. See the Agriculture Programs Page on the tab above for details.
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Tai Chi for Arthritis – Mondays and Fridays, February 4-March 28, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. at the Extension Office. Free. Call the office at 684-5971 to sign up. See the flyer for more information.
- Extension Explores: Food Preservation -Videos from these monthly zoom programs are available at the Extension Explores: Food Preservation webpage under the family programs tab above.
- Liberty FCE – January 24, 6:00 p.m. at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church
- Four Corners FCE – January 24, 6:00 p.m. at the Extension Office
- Shelbyville FCE – February 1, 9:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
- Heart of the Home FCE – February 7, 10:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
- Butler’s Creek FCE – February 7, 4:30 p.m. at Farm Bureau
- Wheel FCE – February 10, 1:00 p.m. at Shiloh United Methodist Church
- Town and Country FCE – February 14, 11:00 a.m. at Cannon United Methodist Church
- Fairview FCE – February 16, 10:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
The Bedford County Extension Office is located at 2105 Midland Rd. Shelbyville, TN. Hours M-F: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm