Bedford County Featured Events
- Beef Quality Assurance training is by appointment at the Extension office. Contact John Teague at 931-684-5971.
- Private Applicator Training for Restricted Use Pesticides is available by appointment at the Extension office. Contact John Teague at 931-684-5971.
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Tai Chi for Arthritis – Exercise program with slow, fluid movements and agile steps to improve the quality of life for people with arthritis (or anyone interested). Mondays and Fridays, September 20-November 8 at 9:30 a.m. at the Extension Office. Free of charge but you must call and pre-register at 931-684-5971.
- Extension Explores: Food Preservation -Monthly program combining internet-based learning using the zoom platform, how to videos, quick tips and recipes using preserved food. Each live session will be offered on the third Friday of the month at 10 a.m. beginning in May. To register for the monthly classes, go to https://tiny.utk.edu/ExtensionExplores21. This link will register participants for all sessions and send a verification email including the link for the zoom sessions. Registered individuals will receive reminders and resources that accompany each session. For the internet-based resources, click here.
- Liberty FCE – September 20, 6:00 p.m. at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church
- Four Corners FCE – September 27, 6:00 p.m. at the Extension Office
- Heart of the Home FCE – October 4, 10:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
- Shelbyville FCE – October 5, 9:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
- Town & Country FCE – October 11, 11:00 a.m. at Cannon Methodist Church
- Butler’s Creek FCE – October 11, 6:00 p.m. at the Extension Office
- Fairview FCE – October 20, 10:30 a.m. at the Extension Office
- Central Region Sheep Show – Sept. 11
- Environmental Week – Sept. 21-23
- TN Sheep Expo – Oct 22-23
- State 4-H Dairy Show – Oct 22-23
- State 4-H Land Judging Contest – Nov. 1
The Bedford County Extension Office is located at 2105 Midland Rd. Shelbyville, TN. Hours M-F: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm